Clindac A Gel is an antibiotic medication that is used to fight bacterial infections on the skin such as acne, and pimples. Also, if you are suffering from belly infections, bone, skin, heart, and soft tissues, you will need to get the clindamycin phosphate gel to treat all these infections. The magic of this medication works by destroying germs and bacteria responsible for the acne and pimples on your skin.
The gel contains Clindamycin phosphate which is part of the constituents in clindamycin acne cream that fights the growth of bacteria. It also prevents the multiplication of bacteria on your skin. Clindamycin Phosphate Gel is meant to be used for external purposes and should be used as recommended by a doctor or physician.
How to use Clindac A Gel
There are different ways to make use of the Clindac A Gel – Clindamycin Phosphate gel 20gm (1%), and you have to use it as directed by your doctor, or as it is prescribed by the leaflet in the packed medication. Whenever you are opportuned to buy clindamycin 1 gel, these are some steps you can follow to use clindamycin solution for acne.
- Buy clindamycin 1 gel and use the medication only on the skin.
- Clean and dry the affected area before using the medication.
- Follow the instructions on the product package or those given by your doctor.
- If you are using the lotion, ensure you shake the bottle well before use. Apply a thin layer of the lotion to the area of your skin that is affected twice a day, or as directed by your doctor.
- If it is the medicated pad you are using gently apply it to the affected area and then discard it. Depending on the size of the area you want to treat, you may need to use more than one pad or swab.
- If you are using the foam, apply it to the affected areas once a day, as directed by your doctor. Do not spray the foam directly onto your hands or face, as it will begin to melt in contact with warm skin. Instead, spray the amount needed directly into the cap or onto a cool surface such as a countertop. Please read the patient information leaflet available from your pharmacist for specific instructions on how to use the foam, and ask about any unclear information.
- After using the medication, wash your hands.
- Avoid contact with your nose, mouth, eyes, or any broken skin on your body. If you accidentally apply medication in these areas, rinse it well with plenty of water.
The effect of the medication may take about two to six weeks, and up to 12 weeks to see the full effect. If your condition does not improve or worsens, tell your doctor.
What are the side effects of using clindamycin acne cream?
There are some side effects to the use of Clindamycin acne cream, and some of them are common while some of them are not common. Below are some of the side effects that you can experience when you use clindamycin solution for acne:
- Serious abdominal or stomach pain, cramps, and bloating.
- Diarrhea (watery and severe), can also be bloody.
- Dehydration and increased thirst
- Nausea or vomiting
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
These side effects may not occur immediately and may also occur up to several weeks after you have stopped using this medicine. Other side effects that can be experienced while using clindamycin cream are burning, itching, redness, oily skin, dryness, or even skin peeling. If these effects get worse, ensure you visit your doctor or pharmacist immediately for further assistance.
Customer Review from Reddit
Looking for a customer review to help you know if this Clindac A® Gel – Clindamycin Phosphate gel 20gm (1%) has worked for people, read this review from a customer.
The customer writing this once had acne and used to have hormonal cysts around their jaw. They went to their physician who prescribed the medication they could use. The gel worked well when used night and day and they no longer have the hormonal cysts. But it was a bit expensive but they found a cheaper alternative called AcneStar Gel.
This gel contains about 1% clindamycin phosphate and about 4% nicotinamide, which is the same as niacinamide. The person found that the AcneStar Gel worked just as well as the prescription they were using and their acne is more under control. They purchased it from two different sellers and bought it in packs of 4-10 because the individual tubes were small.
The person is also using tret now, which may be one reason their acne is better these days. They use it once every third night. They ramped up from once a week, and even when they first started tret that infrequently, their acne was much less using the AcneStar Gel in the morning and evening. When they were using the expensive prescribed clindamycin, they tried to stretch it by using it once per day only, but it was not effective compared to using it twice a day, which works for them. The customer’s routine includes the following:
- Krave Beauty matcha hemp hydrating cleanser (just a tiny amount)
- Stratia vitamin C (just added this in a week ago)
- AcneStar gel
- Trader Joe’s enriches SPF 15 (they use a large amount of this to ensure full protection)
- Krave cleanser (bigger pea-sized amount)
- Krave kale AHA 2-3 times per week
- Stratia liquid gold mixed with 2 drops fortify
- Acne star gel
- CeraVe pm
- Tret mixed with CeraVe pm every third night
- Cosrx rice overnight mask on days they need extra hydration
Can I use Clindac A 1% gel when I am still breastfeeding?
Since Clindac A® Gel 1% gel is for external use, majorly applied on the skin, it is safe to use since it can’t have its way into the breast milk. This is a caution do not apply it to areas around the breast or on the breast because the child can accidentally ingest the cream through those areas.
How long should I use Clindac A Gel 20 gm?
You are advised to use Clindac A® Gel 20 gm for as long as it is prescribed by your doctor. Normally, it may take about four to six weeks of treatment for your skin condition to improve. If you notice no improvement after a month of treatment, please consult your doctor.
If you want to treat acne or pimples it is advisable to try out a clindamycin acne cream. This medication will stop the effects of bacteria affecting your skin. You can try any other clindamycin solution for acne, make sure it has a medical backup, to avoid other infections. Ensure you buy clindamycin 1 gel from a reputable pharmacist like Skinorac store so that you don’t buy fake medication. Also, always look out for customer reviews, it will help your choice in choosing the right medication.
The above information provided in this piece is for informational purposes only. Do not consider this the final medical advice, as it is vital to consult a healthcare professional before using Clindac A® Gel – Clindamycin Phosphate gel 20gm (1%) or any other medication.
Clindamycin Phosphate Gel
Clindamycin and Tretinoin Gel